Volunteers and donors are needed to help with a medical supply drive for healthcare workers and essential service workers during the pandemic. Medical supplies are being collected by a group of relief fund volunteers and concerned citizens from the Big Bend Area Supply Assistance group. Supplies will be distributed to healthcare providers and essential workers as needed.
Needed supplies are:
- Masks, N 95 and N 100, N 45 will help if the others are not available
- Surgical face masks
- Non-latex medical grade gloves (not food service type)
- Paper or thin plastic disposable gowns
- Non-latex gloves for essential workers: grocery store clerks, police and other non-medical service providers
- Fabric masks which can help prolong the life of N 95 masks, and can be worn by the general public to slow the spread of coronavirus. The CDC offers a guide to making fabric masksfor anyone interested in joining a local group of volunteers sewing masks for others.
Any of these supplies that are unused and taking up space in your home or garage would be greatly appreciated. Pack masks in zip-lock bags. Our healthcare and service providers put their lives at risk for all of us. We owe it to them to ensure they have all the supplies they need to stay safe.
Please contact Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832.314.8103 to volunteer to help or to arrange for dropping off donations.